Xtratime Community banner

Serie B: 23/24 Season

22K views 135 replies 9 participants last post by  KLP 
#1 ·
New thread for another season in Serie B.

We started well with a 3-0 away victory at Bari in the Coppa Italia.

#84 ·
Well Inglese has moved to Lecco, which I think is the sum of the headline transfer news for us in this window. I've not seen details but believe Parma do still have to help pay some of his salary as it's on the large side... Other than that it's time to see if there's a reaction to the loss last week....

#86 ·
I'll take the win.... haven't seen the goal. These wins are the things that will get us over the line. There are plenty of other games coming against some of our nearest challengers if we can win/edge/draw a few of them then they will take points off each other as well.

#90 ·
Another win away to Cittadella, took a 2-0 lead before ending 2-1. Important to keep the wins coming with Cremonese slipping to a draw we, again, have a six point margin. I don't know why but it feel smaller than it is... Next game is Pisa at home so another hard one.

Reactions: Indra and Sirius
#91 ·
Another challenging game tomorrow, with Pisa. 14:00 kick off. Not seen any news as yet of probable formations or injuries.

#94 ·
Once we had conceded after 90 minutes a draw looked inevitable and then they go and win it...

I'd rather win comfortably inside 90 minutes but a win is a win.

Reactions: Sirius and havn
#95 ·
Away to Como later today, another crunch game with one of the chasers for the promotion spaces.

The team will be....

PARMA (4-2-3-1): Chichizola; Delprato, Balogh, Circati, Di Chiara; Sohm, Hernani; Mihaila, Bernabé, Man; Benedyczak.
Subs: Turk, Corvi, Osorio, Estevez, Charpentier, Bonny, Colak, Partipilo, Camara, Coulibaly, Zagaritis, Cyprien.

#96 ·
1-1, with Venezia winning the lead drops to 7 points. Seems like we had the chances to win and their goal was in part due to some poor defending on our part.

#100 ·
I thought it was a winger like Man tbh - but players need to show flexibility, like Benedyczak who seems to have started as a striker, moved out to the wing mainly and yet suddenly returned to being the center forward for some games. Particularly with the front players where there is a lot of competition for spaces, I think they need to show their willing to adapt to be in the pitch sometimes.

#101 ·
An important 3-1 win away to Ternana. It read like a game that could have gone for a draw with Ternana missing a first half penalty at 2-0, before getting to 2-1.

Circati is suspended for the Brescia game having gotten a yellow during this one.

I think that Pecchia may well be doing a bit more player rotation at the moment to see if some of them rediscover the form and fire that they had earlier in the season.

#103 ·
Brescia at the Tardini tonight, expected line up from Parma Live - Circati being suspended is the most noticeable change.

Plant Grass Player Font Sports uniform

#105 ·
A hard fought and perhaps lucky victory though. We missed a penalty, and various players seem to be not at their best, there's some questions around why Bernabé felt the need to celebrate in the face of the Brescia bench when we scored the winner in the 89th. Earned himself a pointless booking on that one....

It feels like we're in the phase of the season where we're having to work harder than ever to keep moving towards the season goal.

#109 ·
I'm of the "not a chance" persuasion. Man is on 11 and Benedyczak is on 10. The goals are coming from various places including the bench. Not being reliant on a single point player probably has its benefits for us as when they lose form we stop scoring where here there's always another player filling in.

Reactions: Sirius
#110 ·
Another - hard earned? - victory this week-end with Cremonese slipping up it's now an eight point margin over Venezia (again), though critically it's still nine to third placed Cremonese.

A great goal from Mihaila - nice team play in the build up, instead of killing off the game we let them back in. That said we then scored again a minute later to get our lead back, via Estévez.

#112 ·
A dire return to football for us, losing at home to Catanzaro 2-0. Our first home defeat of the season though the lead at the top has only dropped by one point to seven (now Como in 2nd).

It probably didn't help having three of our starting defenders out but no excuses, we've got enough depth for this division, the player ratings were pretty poor across the board so something didn't click the way it had been. Not the time of the season to be trying to do maths, just need to get back to winning....

#113 ·
Away to Sudtirol - currently still 0-0. Seems like it's a very balanced game, if anything them edging the first half. A number of changes by Pecchia, so hoping the rotation is allowing players some additional recovery time to come on and make a difference....

#114 ·
Crucial win today! I think promotion is basically a done deal now.

Long time no see btw. I'm going through a divorce at the moment and I guess I'm basically becoming more of the person I was 21 years ago before I met her. Pathetic huh?

Reactions: Sirius and KLP
#115 ·
Wow, it has indeed been a VERY long time! Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your personal circumstances, but doubt anyone here thinks badly of you.

An extremely important win, our form has fallen at a critical time and we need to rediscover it. Hopefully this win will give us that little kick to push us over the promotion line, but honestly, we need to win this league.... From what I've read we've never actually won Serie B, have finished second to get promoted before.... Not winning it outright would be a bit of a failure IMO for this season.

Reactions: Indra and Sirius
#118 ·
Away to Palermo this evening.

We need a result to keep some momentum, Como seem to be on fire of late. We need to see this through and win Serie B.

#119 ·
Not season related but apparently Bernabé has signed a contract extension to 2028. Let's not have any delusions, get into Serie A and he proves his value and the big guns will make offers we will NOT be able to keep him for that full contract, but getting these extensions for some of our jewels are almost as critical as winning Serie B.

#120 ·
Finished 0-0. Not ideal but better than a loss, expect Como to close to three pints tomorrow...

#121 ·
Both Bernabé and Balogh have officially signed extensions to 2027.

Hopefully this is a sign of what's going on with all of our starlets and we can at least get good value should they chose to move on.

More pressingly - we host Lecco tomorrow, who have a certain Inglese in their team. Hopefully the "curse of the ex" doesn't strike, and more importantly we can find some form again. We've got to keep this cushion from 2nd place and more importantly 3rd!

#122 ·
Tomorrow, surely we will win against rock bottom? Then it's just 3 more games and 6 points over third place. Should be enough.

Thanks btw. I hope I can be more active here again. But it's incredible. A quarter of a century since I signed up here. I can't believe it...

And in all these years I haven't been able to support any other team even remotely as I do Parma. I can't get behind Roma or Milan or Bayern or Real. It's ok impossible.

Reactions: KLP
#123 ·
4-0 and now we only need another 3 points to be mathematically promoted if they don't catch us on goal difference. We're 7 goals up. If we mess this up we are not worthy of promotion.

Como looks like a really strong team but I hope we can keep also them behind us. Winning Serie B is better than being second...

Reactions: KLP
#124 ·
4-0 and now we only need another 3 points to be mathematically promoted if they don't catch us on goal difference. We're 7 goals up. If we mess this up we are not worthy of promotion.

Como looks like a really strong team but I hope we can keep also them behind us. Winning Serie B is better than being second...
Como drew with Samp so that's given us a little more wriggle room at the top.

Next game is away to Bari - who are at risk of relegation so that's going to be a dog fight.