Hello Spiceworks Community! Welcome to October, the month to create a jack-o-lantern, jack-o-lantern-esque work of art, or another piece of art using a pumpkin! And if you do and post a picture of it here, you will receive the Pumpkin Carving Event badge. Would you consider joining in on this yearly Community event? It’s a hoot! Or should I say boot (like in Boo…t?) heh heh

Here are the rules:

1. Carve, or decorate, a pumpkin (or pumpkins) this month by yourself or with family and friends.

2. Post a picture of it in this thread during October. Please only post your works of art.

3. Event ends at the end of October 31st.

Here are last year’s submissions, if you’d like to check them out: Community Pumpkin Carving - 2022

47 Spice ups

Squirrels are already carving the big pumpkin on my porch.

11 Spice ups

13 Spice ups

Do you receive bonus points for growing your own? It’s not exactly the ‘giant’ pumpkin seeds as advertised.

13 Spice ups

I bet that’s huge to an ant!

@crltnfsk

4 Spice ups

Our desk toys decided to have a little fun with pumpkins this year. The robot team created the R2D2 pumpkin.

In response, Devil Duck assembled the forces of the Dark Side for a stormtrooper pumpkin.

It all turned out well though!

16 Spice ups

Awesome! Any more? Only 19 days left!

3 Spice ups

We did a little carving party this weekend the mushroom is mine.

9 Spice ups

The squirrels took a whack at carving my front porch pumpkin earlier this week. I’ll have to replace it.

8 Spice ups

Those are funny looking squirrels if you ask me.

5 Spice ups

I put those out there to guard the pumpkin from further incursion. Kidding it went out with the garbage today. Have to go pick up another one or two. If I put it outside it will be hollowed out in 2 days again.

4 Spice ups

Could not carve a real pumpkin, so a virtual is the best I can do.

409b169d-d90a-4137-96c3-d232beae1491-JackoLantern.png

4 Spice ups

How convenient we also have a office pumpkin contest, here’s my entry for the office and here.

8 Spice ups

We have squirrels like crazy at my house, and I put a massive uncarved pumpkin on the front porch, they have no interest in it. Probably because the pears and plums I missed cleaning up are fermenting and way more fun for them to eat. Now that we got 5 inches of snow, they may move to the pumpkin.

1 Spice up

Last year we carved the pumpkin in early October, and it rotted long before Halloween. So this year we waited until much later to carve it…

4 Spice ups

happy halloween
(maybe someone can fix the rotation of this image, tried myself and it just came in facing the other way smh)

2 Spice ups

7 Spice ups

4 Spice ups

This year’s.

4 Spice ups

I spent almost 3 hours on October 14th carving this cool cat jack-o-lantern, using red marbles in the center of the eyes.

It has sat on the front porch ever since …and this morning (Halloween) it looks evil.

4 Spice ups